I've been listening to the news reports on the shooting at Virginia Tech. I know that there are lots of people out there who are on the brink of sliding completely into darkness. But how do you explain someone like this? Disturbed, insane, sick, suicidal are all words that come to mind. Whatever it was it became a horror show for many people.
In the face of the sadness that I feel inside, I think that I need to express my gratitude today for:
1. Waking up this morning still living and with a relatively sound mind and body
2. Believing that in the days and weeks ahead there will be some comfort for the loved ones of those slain
3. Never wanting to pick up a gun to shoot anything since I killed squirrels when I was a kid
4. Those individuals that I love who are safe and sound today
5. Having a meeting tonight
6. The fellowship in Al-Anon and AA that helps us face fears and resentments.
I can't say much else today. I'm just thinking about the parents and students and staff whose lives have been forever changed by a moment of insanity. I am hoping that there is peace and serenity for them soon.