Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cold here

Last night was the coldest day of the year so far. And the wind was howling. I went down to Compass Rose and the waves and spray were coming over the breakwater. I stayed on the boat for a while to make sure that all was okay. It was one of those days that's truly wild on the water.

This morning it was around 25 F and still windy. But the wind died down this afternoon and even though it's still cold, at least the wind chill isn't as bad as it was. I'm glad that I didn't have to do work on the water today.

I went to the noon meeting. The topic was the slogans and how they help with recovery: Live and Let Live, Keep It Simple, Easy Does It, Let Go and Let God, Mind Your Own Business, One Day at a Time. I think that my favorite is Live and Let Live. It reminds me to accept others and not judge them. It also reminds me that I need to practice living. No matter what efforts I may make or emotional blackmail that I can concoct will change the alcoholic. I can't live if I spend time trying to control others. I think that understanding that has not only helped me but it has helped others in my life as well.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes that is cold. I am headed for NJ and Vermont tomorrow. So I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying to control others is so self-defeating, i have to agree with you there!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.