Shadow sent me five questions to answer as part of an online interview. She answered those that had been sent to her on her site . It's interesting to be asked questions out of the blue, so here are mine and my answers:
1. has a dream or goal you’ve had come true? tell me about it. if not, what are you doing to get it?
My career was actually a goal. I knew when I was a child that I wanted to work in marine science. I was always fascinated by the sea and sea critters. I went fishing with my father who taught me a lot. My mother was also a great teacher of natural history. I worked summers at a nearby marine lab and then went on to graduate school for a master's degree and Ph.D. in oceanography. I've published over 85 manuscripts, been on many national committees, been to fantastic places in the ocean, and have enjoyed a full career in my chosen field. So the goal was fulfilled.
2. you have just turned 21, and you have a picture in your mind of what you want, where you want to go, what you want to become. as your life stands now, has it pretty much realized or is it completely different?
I've pretty much always known what I wanted. And as far as my life now, it has been realized many times over what I thought I would be or do at age 21. I suppose in many ways, my life now has surpassed what I envisioned at age 21. I didn't think that I'd have the great job that I've had, have the "things" in life that I have, or be married for as long as I have. I didn't envision getting married at age 21. I was going to be more of a "free spirit". I suppose in many ways, I'm still that free spirit.
3. do you prefer long hair or short hair, for yourself and your so.
Definitely long hair.
4. you’ve learned to skipper a boat. tell me about one thing you learnt that has been the most helpful.
It's hard to name any one thing. I would have to say that one has to be vigilant and always be mindful of the weather and it's changes. And always have a good engine as a backup.
5. describe your dream girl.
Hmmm....This isn't like buying a car. But I would say that the important traits are being intelligent, compassionate, not afraid of expressing feelings, honest, adventuresome, positive in thought and deed, physically fit, good personal hygiene, and having a sense of self that makes her light up those around her. I think that I've found that.
- leave me a comment saying: interview me
- comments with e-mail addresses will not be published to preserve privacy
- i will e-mail you five questions. i get to pick the questions
- you can then answer the questions on your blog
- you should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed
- anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
- it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger