- In approaching Step 4 after working Steps 1, 2, and 3, I am not able to look inside myself and make a list of things that I find positive and wonderful about myself.
- In approaching Step 4, I am now able to look inside myself and make a list of negative things that I have thought about myself.
- I am now able to look inside myself and see the things that I have done that have hurt others, no matter how small the incident.
- I am now willing to be honest about my attitude--whenever negative thoughts trigger resentments within my spirit.
- I am now able to see the things I have done that have caused other grief, even though it may have been only a small part.
- I am willing to write down a list of positive things about myself.
- I am now willing to be honest and list my shortcomings and character defects.
- I am now willing to make a simple list of things about myself that I consider good and not so good.
- I am willing to acknowledge that working this step will set me free from the obsession of having made bad choices or errors in judgment.
- I can now acknowledge that this inventory is merely a list of things about myself and that I can talk honestly about them and put them behind me as part of my past.
I needed this meeting last night. I had been feeling anxious yesterday. I heard one of the members share last night that her life is filled with contentment and peace. I wasn't filled with that last night and acknowledged my feelings. It felt good to talk about my fears.
And like a miracle, this morning I felt relieved of my anxiety. Maybe it was sharing about what was bothering me. Maybe it was getting the rest that I needed last night. Maybe it was the prayer that I said before sleeping. I'm just grateful to be in a better place today.