This has seemed like a long week. Thankfully, today is the last day of the work week for me. I have tomorrow off. I'm staying in the day but also looking forward to a few days off.
Other than work today, I plan to go to the noon meeting. I'm meeting my wife afterwards to run an errand for the house. This evening, a friend is coming by to visit.
I plan on going on the boat. The fireworks for the July 4 celebration will be held about 500 yards from where the boat is docked. It's always a spectacular show. I remember going with my parents to see the fireworks when I was a kid. The fireworks shows of today are much bigger and more elaborate. I'll probably buy a few rockets to take with us so that we can have a little show on the island where we anchor the boat.
It's been hotter than a firecracker this week. And it looks like the heat wave will continue through the weekend. I don't think that there is any rain in the forecast until Sunday. And this is just early July. The garden is doing well because of an irrigation system. And the vegetables have been great. The corn crop got shared with the raccoons but that's okay. They have to eat too.
I don't have much else to share except some gratitude:
- I'm grateful for an invigorating row last night. We were bucking the wind and tide for over an hour and a half. The cheers from the tourists always help motivate when the muscles are straining.
- I'm thankful for those people in my life who are there when I need to talk. Yesterday, I contacted a few of you and you were there.
- I'm grateful for not disliking or hating anyone today. My capacity for acceptance seems to increase in proportion to my gratitude.
- I'm glad to be able to let go of a resentment yesterday by speaking my truth, looking at my part, and then moving on.
- I'm glad that I can disengage from the news and go read a good book. I'm tired of the media's fascination with the macabre.