We had dinner over looking the water. I am missing my boat. Hopefully, she will be back in the water next week. Most of her work will then be done, and it will be time to get cruising on her. Spring is so beautiful here and is really the ideal time to be on the water, before the summer heat comes on strong.
Tonight, I'm just going to offer a simple gratitude list. Sometimes that's all that is needed.
- Life has been good lately--no major drama, just pretty mundane stuff. I will take the mundane and ordinary because it is a steady state.
- I am fortunate to have several people in my life who really love me. And the one that I love and trust the most is my partner in this life. She is also a steady state, a touchstone for me. I realize how lucky I am. I am grateful that I learned how to have a relationship before it was too late.
- I am lucky to be the human to some wonderful dogs and cats. They provide a lot of joy. Right now, one of the Labradors is snoring away. Comfort sounds.
- Knowing that a few people would miss me if I weren't here is comforting. I used to think that no one would miss me. But I have learned to be a friend which is something that I didn't have a clue about before recovery.
- I don't have disdain for those who are down and out or suffering. I have a lot of compassion and empathy. I am not a hate filled person. In these times, being a person of compassion makes me feel good.
I hope that you are having a good Friday evening. What are you grateful for today?