Today the doldrums hit with the heat beating down on deck. The seas subsided to a chop and the water looked like oil. It was the first time that I actually felt hot outside. The routine is settling in and it looks like there will be a brief break in which we go into Key West for an overnight and then head out again. I'm not sure when the Key West port call will occur but the crew seems very happy about it.
I've felt restless today, largely because we've had a lot of steaming time between stations. I read and catch up on some paperwork but there really isn't much else to do. I'm not a movie person so I don't want to sit for 2 hours and do that. Maybe it's just being on here and listening to the same stuff. One fellow on here who is an engineer uses F**K for every other word. It gets old after a while. What a short vocabulary and one that loses its effectiveness when that word may really be called for.
My gratitude list today is that I am:
1. Glad to have more words on my tongue than a curse word
2. Happy to have a home to go back to when I get off the ship
3. Grateful for receiving emails from blogger friends and loved ones at home
4. Looking forward to a good night's sleep when the shift is over
5. Reading a good book that helps to pass the hours steaming
6. Thankful for being physically fit and able to do my work
7. Loving every moment that the day has to offer, since even the bad ones teach me something