Wednesday, August 1, 2007

In St. Thomas

I had to go to a work-related meeting in St. Thomas for one of my projects. I got in today and am staying at an over-priced resort where the conference is being held. It's actually the same resort where the AA Virgin Islands conference will be held this fall. I have the list of meetings that are being held but I'm not sure that I'll make them because of the work meetings that go on all day. The resort is also isolated but hopefully I'll get one of the AA meetings while I'm here.

This is a beautiful place but overpriced to the max and booze is pushed everywhere. There are shots of a rum drink lined up as you come off the airplane. I would think that an alcoholic would have to be very careful here. I did have a great dinner at a place called Havana Blue tonight. Good food with good service. I had dinner by myself which was nice and I actually enjoyed my own company.

I'm off to get some rest. I was up at 4:30 this morning to get to the airport. I'm grateful for a safe flight and for minimal hassles in getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.