Thursday, July 26, 2007

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems

I think that summer brings back memories of those days when I was a kid running wild. Those first few days when I was out of school with the whole summer stretched before me were wonderful times.

Back then, when life was a lot simpler, I didn't put on shoes except on Sunday, would play all day doing something, and really had only minimal problems to deal with. I would mostly try to figure out how to have a good time with my cousin without getting punished by an adult. Since he was three years older, I generally was the fall guy for most of our antics. Those summer days were magical, and the nights spent on the porch listening to some far off radio station were serene. Sometimes I would fall asleep on the old glider on the porch and spend the night there without a care in the world. Knowing that the next day would bring new adventures was enough for me.

I'm finding that it's possible to recapture that feeling of freedom and fun. I'm still a kid at heart, and I'm enjoying the new life that I've found, thanks to my Al-Anon program. Just for today Life's a Beach.

8 comments:

  1. If I could be barefoot all the time I would!! I look at my youngest and I see how much he enjoys every minute of the summer through his child like innocence and I yearn for those days, and I fear for when he looses that innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just attended an online meeting that had maturity as a topic and one guy---from Australia--he mentioned being childlike instead of so damn mature all the time and that God wants us come to Him more childlike

    so---enjoy!

    hey, check with your sponsor about attending our online meeting and if its ok I'll invite you if you'd like

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd,
    I think I have been at this beach. My father lives in Pelion outside of Columbia and I have been through parts of South Carolina......Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tagged you Syd :)
    Come see my bloggy..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. who took this picture of you ?
    did you train Flipper ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaaaaaah- I miss summer vacations... LOL
    that is what I have really been thinking about this summer.
    I am glad to read you are recapturing that feeling
    have a great day Syd.. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh, that sounds like GOOD fun Syd. I think we can be "mature children" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.