Sunday, August 19, 2007

Taking stock

I am tired but grateful today. I spent the morning just enjoying being at home, sleeping in later than usual and then reading the paper. It felt secure and nice to be home. My SO and I worked in the yard and that rekindled a lot of things that we used to do. The Saturdays and Sundays when we would work around the house and yard. I was at home more then. I liked the feeling that it brought today. We talked about the danger of last night on the boat. We talked about the cats and the dogs. We just talked. I liked that a lot. It was like the old days with the difference that she is sober. Maybe we can have more good times together. I am so hopeful.

12 comments:

  1. Syd,
    I am really glad for you. Maybe this is a new beginning for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger son..told me once when I was complaining to him....that I wasn't getting anywhere whining or complaining...that I should be a model and do my thing..and others would change on their own. Just be a good example. he said...and you know he was right.
    I've changed my way of talking to older son.
    2 things I've learned......is talk without being offensive.....and listen without being defensive. That alone changed my relationship for the good.
    Never too old to learn.
    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm glad you two had a good day. it is clear that you are both very fond of one another, despite all the problems you have been facing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please be careful.
    That yard work can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling hopeful is a GOOD thing. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Syd,

    This is Mark from A Dozen Steps. I'm taking a meme off of b5's Science and Health Channel out to folks like yourself. Would you please consider "tagging" along and participating?

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful connection to experience. That is very special that both of you can be living in such a way . . . healing, growing, walking together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love days like those! It sounds like you really drank in the moment and held on and appreciated it. That is so cool. Here is to more good days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds hopeful. Just be in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Syd --

    Please check out a new Al-Anon blog from the south of France and pass it on if you like it. Thanks!

    www.blackbeltalanon.vox.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fab day you had together, simple stuff, yet rewarding. Can really feel how it all slowed down as I was reading in. A gift, heres to more where that came from!! keep on

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.