Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Shift Shaping Reptiles


The meeting tonight was a good one. For some reason, we were locked out of our usual meeting room, so we went into another part of the church and sat on the floor. It was a more relaxed feeling than sitting in chairs. Everyone was just sprawled out. I really like this meeting. There are usually about 30 people there and there are a lot of people who are thoughtful and have many years of recovery.

This isn't the meeting that the dominatrix runs. I go to four different Al-Anon meetings a week and several noon time AA meetings. I decided that the more meetings I go to the more I would learn. In addition, the dynamics of the individuals in the group and the variety of topics is good. Every group has a different feel to it. I get something from every meeting that I attend.

I have thought about Micky's parody of How It Works (see his comment on the Sept. 3 blog called How it Sucks). I think that Micky may have potential as a comedy writer because what he has written is quite clever. The strange thing about us Shift Shaping Reptiles that Micky doesn't understand is that I can read what he has written, see the humor in it, and not be offended. This part is especially interesting:
"There are those, too, who are gravediggers and undertakers, but many of them do become ZOMBIES if they have the capacity to be dishonest. Our stories disclose in a twisted way, who we like, what happened, and who we hate now. If you have decided you want a cup of tea and are willing to go to any lengths to become emotionally shutdown, SHIFT SHAPING REPTILES - then you are ready to take certain steps."

I would acknowledge that there are a lot of zombies out there who are dishonest. Lots of them are running the country, and then there are others who are just ordinary people in a state of denial about truth. And yes, I've written and talked about those I liked, what happened, and who I don't like now in my fourth and fifth step. That's a given for Al-Anon. I'm not so sure about reptiles being emotionally shutdown though. Take the iguanas that I recently saw in St. Thomas. They just seem serene to me--rather accepting and happy to lie about in the sun, eat mangoes, reproduce, and generally hang out. I think that I often emulate some of that behavior and it's not a bad life. One reptilian day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I´ll link you to my blog if that´s ok? A lot of the things you are writing about are sooo familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon even the shape shifting ones are children of god too. Perhaps they were on the other side of the beach and you just missed them or something..

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen to all that, yours in lizardship johno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:2-3).
    PEACE BE WITH YOU
    MICKY

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.