I’m glad to be going home today. The meetings were as productive as I suppose they could be. The doom and gloom facts of global climate change are not a pretty scenario. I knew the seriousness of it but did not realize until this meeting the rapidity at which low lying coastal areas will be inundated.
I talked to my sponsor and a couple of friends today. I told them what happened the other night and they wondered why I didn’t call them. I suppose that I didn’t want to burden anyone but I also wanted to work what was happening out on my own. Today, I’m grateful that:
- I was able to get myself to a better place thanks to the program
- I have a sponsor and friends to talk to who are there should I need them
- In spite of feeling powerless, I was able to get myself to a better place
- In the midst of the beauty that surrounds me, I can see that I am lucky to be alive
- I can use affirmations to realize that I’m not hopeless, unloved or a total mess.