Shadow tagged me to list 7 things that I've learned in recovery. I've learned a lot of things since coming to Al-Anon but here are the ones that immediately come to mind:
1. I am much more relaxed and comfortable with who I am and with other people.
2. I do the things that I enjoy now and don't kick myself or feel guilty about doing those things.
3. I don't feel obligated to pretend about much of anything anymore
4. That being honest in sharing and doing my inventory was not a big deal and I actually enjoyed it.
5. That I don't have to try to figure everything out but can just accept that sometimes things just are.
6. That one of the most important things that I could do was to find a sponsor to be my guide in the program and that person is fair, thorough and knowledgeable
7. That if you go to meetings, do the steps, read conference literature, do service work and talk with your sponsor, you'll find out how the program works. If you are willing, you'll actually work the program.