Saturday, March 22, 2008

loving others

I am filled with gratitude and happiness today. It's Saturday for one thing and the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. I'm grateful for having finished up a large 142 page proposal yesterday and got it in on time. It will provide salaries for about 20 people for 3 years. I'm also happy because of a nice evening with C. yesterday, in which we went to dinner at a Moroccan restaurant last night. We talked about happy times. It felt good.

I thought that I'd post a few "words of wisdom" about love that I found in meanderings on line and in some books.


You can't make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth.

The measure of love is when you love without measure. In life there are very rare chances that you'll meet the person you love and loves you in return. So once you have it don't ever let go, the chance might never come your way again.

It's better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the one you love because of pride.

We spend too much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already love, when instead we should be perfecting the love we give.

When you truly care for someone, you don't look for faults, you don't look for answers, you don't look for mistakes. Instead, you fight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook the excuses.

Never abandon an old friend. You will never find one who can take his place. Friendship is like wine, it gets better as it grows older.

Have a great Saturday and an inspirational Easter.

8 comments:

  1. Damn Syd. You always make so much sense, and I am grateful for that.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound....... in love!

    happy easter !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "perfecting the love you give"..now that is something I can really get my thoughts around, and I like that! It's an action..and I need action, not philosophy when I'm working on something..So thanks Syd....it came JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME FOR ME. So, OK your service work is done for the day..go play :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was absolutely beautiful Syd...esp...the one that says..'You can't make someone love you...but you can be someone who can be loved.'
    Powerful stuff.
    Happy Easter to you & wife. You sound much happier & easier on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The measure of love is when you love without measure", my favorite. I heard one just tonight. "The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference" Thanks,Syd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Easter was inspiring. My first sober one and one in which I could truly see the results of this program. I loved the words of wisdom. Pride, expectations have been huge blocks for me. Hope you had a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.