It was a glorious weekend here. On Saturday, I worked at the open house for the marine lab. There were lots of people who seemed truly interested in what we are doing and how they can help to improve things. It was rewarding to see how excited the kids were about the critters and exhibits.
Yesterday, I got up late and went to the beach. It was a great day for a long walk. I feel lucky to live in such an extraordinary place. And just plain happy at the moment.
Today I leave for a meeting in Virginia. That means that I'll miss my home group tonight. And there won't be time for a meeting tomorrow since it's an all day work meeting with a late flight back home tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to flying. Hopefully, there won't be any major delays. But I'll just take it as it comes.
Today I'm grateful for:
- Having a chance at another day and doing the next right thing
- Getting enough rest so that I'm functioning and not tired
- Having enough humility to realize that I don't have all the answers
- Feeling joy and happiness at the moment over the smallest of things
- Appreciating all those people and things that are beautiful to me.