On Saturday, I sailed to a favorite mooring and rowed the dinghy ashore to walk on the beach. There were a lot of boats on this deserted island. It's become party central at the point but once I got away from that, the entire four miles of beach was deserted. It was a nice walk and a good time to appreciate living in these times.
I think that this is a good time to live. I've seen about the best the earth has to offer. Technology has advanced rapidly during my lifetime. I've gotten to work at a career that sought to improve the condition of the oceans. If things don't improve, then I've seen the best of the planet. So it's been a good time to be alive.
Today I'm grateful for:
- Living in a time where mankind stands at the brink of momentous decisions
- Having seen so many great things and worked to effect positive changes for the planet
- Another day in which I have a chance to do things right
- Life experiences that have been challenging but from which I've grown and learned some great truths
- Having my home group meeting tonight where I get to see some of my friends in recovery.