Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ocean sailing course

I am taking an ocean sailing course this week. It will go through Sunday. It's a certification course which is nice and is supposed to provide in depth information on coastal passage with a sailboat. It's something that I've wanted to do for a while and finally decided to pony up the money and take the course.

I haven't been around to visit your blogs since Friday so I have a lot of catching up to do. I feel as if I'm missing what's going on in your life. I'll get around to checking in as soon as I can.

There were only four of us at last night's meeting so we had an open discussion about some of the things that had been going on with us. It was a free form format, just the four of us sitting around talking like friends do. That's what's so good about the program--the fellowship of caring about each other.

Tonight I'll go to another meeting after my sailing day is over. I know that I'm cramming in a lot but tonight is a regular meeting for me, and it's always a good one.

Have a good week everyone. I'll post and check in when I can.

10 comments:

  1. follow your heart, do the course and enjoy it. that's the way to go. have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd, you are awesome.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh sailing sounds so fun! I am a water person too... I also enjoy smaller meetings like that too. Have a great day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life on the water sounds so serene and peaceful to me. All I have around me are zillions of golf courses...and I don't play golf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your course. I cannot imagine sailing the ocean, that scares me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing exactly what you are suppose to do "enjoying life".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy! We will still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night my meeting was almost 2 hours long. The common theme seemed to be people who were dealing with a dying loved one. Another couple that comes regularly are dealing with their 40-year old alcoholic son. All along, through all of S's addiction problems I've said I'm doing this now (tough love, etc) because I don't want him like this when he's 40.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is so full of positive energy - thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.