1. ____ In most ways my life is close to my ideal.
2. ____ The conditions of my life are excellent.
3. ____ I am satisfied with my life.
4. ____ So far I have gotten the important things I want in life.
5. ____ If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.
- 7 - Strongly agree
- 6 - Agree
- 5 - Slightly agree
- 4 - Neither agree nor disagree
- 3 - Slightly disagree
- 2 - Disagree
- 1 - Strongly disagree
no. 1--slightly agree
no. 2--strongly agree
no. 5-- agree
The last statement about having to live my life over and doing it the same is a tough one because nothing has been ideal nor has anything been really horrible. It has been living life on life's terms and dealing with it. When I first thought about it, I believed that there are some things that I would change: being more prudent in my choices about relationships, working a 12 step program earlier in life, realizing that I could be satisfied with who I am without having to depend on someone else. I don't think of these as regrets necessarily but just what would have made life an easier path. On the flip side though is my gratitude for getting to where I am now. And that wouldn't have happened without the hard knocks in life or the experiences that I've had.
The following quote sums up my satisfaction with life:
"Never let me imagine that my satisfaction with life depends on what someone else may do"(ODAT in Al-Anon pg 234).
How do you rate your satisfaction with life?