Thursday, September 25, 2008

A blustery day


Today was blustery and cold on the water. My hands were tingling from the cold and wet. I took a hot shower as soon as we got back to clear off the mud and damp. We got all the sampling done for today. Yesterday, we lost the dredge which was a bummer. We dragged for it for about 2 hours to no avail.

I think that I'm going to go home to spend the night tonight and come back early in the morning. I miss my home and the critters. Most of all I miss being with my loved one. I'm entirely too used to reaching over in the night and hugging on her. Sleeping in a single bed at the field station just doesn't cut it. So what if I have to get up at o'dark thirty? It won't matter because I'll be sleeping in my own bed spooning with a warm lovely body. I think that's worth the drive.

13 comments:

  1. Lol....yes, I'm with you, Syd.

    Worth the trip. Enjoy. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture and I could not agree with you more - home is where you should be! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is getting to be snuggling weather for sure. We have a goofy weatherman who calls them "cuddle alerts."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and the cat look very happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those your kitties? I wish I weren't allergic... they're so cute. Welcome back to your warm bed!

    :-) PP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you were able to get a comfortable night sleep with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are just the bestest reasons to go home and come back early....

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful you think of your wife in such a tender way. Hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like your own bed. Especially when your significant other is in it with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone know where I can get a spooning partner? for keeps? Beautiful thoughts, Syd.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.