Shadow graciously gave me this award about Christmas Spirit. Thanks Shadow! I do like Christmas.
I'm posting the "rules":
*the person to whom you give the award must also be in love with christmas
* you must link back to the person who gave you the award
* you must list 5 things that you love about christmas. if you can’t limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
* pass the award along to as many people as you like. that can be 1 or 50. it’s up to you. but, you must pass it one to at least one person in order to keep the christmas cheer going!
* let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment
So I'm going to post some things that I like about Christmas.
1. I like the candles in the windows and the lights on the trees. Because it's a dreary time of year, it's nice to come home to see the tree lights on and the candles lit.
2. I like the idea of having time off to relax and be lazy. We can snuggle, watch movies, read books, and do just what we want to do.
3. I like the feeling of doing something special for others. It's what it's all about: to surprise others with something nice, to say I care, to give without expectations. It's just a warm feeling inside about everything.
4. I like the food and preparing a good meal. Turkey, cranberry sauce, oyster stew, ham, cornbread stuffing, crab casserole, shrimp and grits--all are staples for a Christmas dinner that incorporates foods from Virginia and those from the Lowcountry.
5. I like the music and the parades. Christmas music is special and reminds me of my grandmother singing to me. And the parades are just plain fun. Everyone loves a parade.
I'm going to pass this on to: