Friday, May 15, 2009
Shadow awarded me with the noblesse oblige award.
This award is in recognition of the following:
1. the blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. the blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions.
3. there is a clear purpose at the blog; one that fosters a better understanding on social, political, economic, the arts, culture, sciences, and beliefs.
4. the blog is refreshing and creative.
5. the blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
She asked that I write about how my blog came about. So I'm going to post that here.
I started my blog on the last day of January 2007. I did it as a kind of electronic journal. Here is what I wrote then:
"This is a big step for me. I'm taking my shared thoughts out of the (Al-Anon) meeting rooms and putting them up for the world to see. I've not been in recovery very long and journaling is a big part of the recovery process in Al-Anon. So by having this blog, I'll be providing a journal not only for myself but perhaps for others out there who have had to deal with alcoholism in their lives. It's not a pretty story by any means. I'll be telling part of my story here but for now I'm just glad that I took the step to start this online journal."
I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity through blogging to "meet" so many people who share their experience, strength and hope. Although I don't know you personally, I think that I have come to know the struggles, the courage and the triumphs that represent your life. Reading what you write has helped me a great deal. You have made me think, reflect, laugh and cry. Your stories are part of my recovery. Thanks for the award Shadow and thanks to all of you who read, comment, and keep moving forward one step at a time.
In the spirit of the award, I'm going to pass this along to Scott over at Attitude of Gratitude. His was among the first blogs that I read. And he has a consistent message.
The blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1. create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the noblesse oblige award.
2. the award conditions must be displayed at the post.
3. write a short article about what the blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.
4. the blogger must present the noblesse oblige award in concurrence with the award conditions.
5. the blogger must display the award at any location at the blog.
And since I'm on a roll here, I also received my beautiful heart award from inky. She writes: "
This award is given to bloggers who uplift you with their positive words and spirit. also give to bloggers who put their hearts, mind and soul into their blogs and give us a glimpse into their worlds. they are positive and may not realize it, but are leading by example. they inspire with their words, educate and inform. they entertain and uplift with their humor. they are welcoming, helpful and friendly and no one is a stranger, whether you've commented once or a million times. they are ever so wise and giving. most of all, they have beautiful hearts."
And her award to me stated,"Syd allows ME and others to peek inside his world, leads by example, wiser and positive allot more than he realizes." I appreciate Inky for thinking of me.
And the person who I think exemplifies the purpose of this award is Cat. Cat's writing touches me in a powerful way.
Now I'm going to take my awards, give a big grin, and get on with my Friday. Hope that yours is a good one.