It's a gray overcast Monday here. It has been sprinkling on and off this morning.
This is the kind of weather that makes me want to take a nap. And after the long weekend, that seems like a good idea.
Here are a few of the highlights and lowlights from the weekend.
- Seeing my first turtle crawl where a female loggerhead laid her eggs
- Seeing my first re-enactment of the assault on Battery Wagner on Morris Island
- Getting together with friends who brought their boat to the island to anchor
- Going to my first Aquapalooza which involved bringing in a barge and having live music playing for four hours.
- Seeing people pack up their trash when they left so that the beach was clean and litter free.
- The fantastic sunset on Saturday evening that made me aware of why I go to this sacred place.
- Seeing signs on the island that list violations such as all dogs must be on a leash. Enforcing the litter law was all that was needed.
- Wild weather on Friday evening that sent waves crashing over the bow of the boat....at anchor.
- Listening to a lot of blaming talk about control that I would rather not have heard.
- Not having the dog out on the boat
- Hoards of mosquitoes that invaded on Saturday night when the breeze died.