It was a great weekend on the boat. We left on Friday evening after a thunderstorm came through. Dinner that night was roast chicken, garlic and parmesan couscous and a Caesar salad. The mosquitoes were kept away by a good 15 knot breeze.
On Saturday, we got up after sunrise and went for a long walk on the beach. I thought that I felt a tinge of fall in the air but that may be wishful thinking. At any rate, the breeze was enough to keep us cool as we went for a long walk, collecting shark's teeth and enjoying the sound of the surf.
Our meals are a real treat after walking for several miles. Breakfast was honey cured ham, eggs, bacon, and whole wheat toast. That generally knocks us out for a nap. Then it's time for another walk and some reading time. Dinner on Saturday was London broil, garlic mashed potatoes, and fruit. The wind rose during the night and actually made things a bit chilly in the v-berth so we snuggled under a light blanket.
Sunday brought some thunderstorms in late afternoon. We still got our walk in which was another long one. I thought that I saw a water spout off in the distance. I did watch a boat sailing right between two large thunderheads with rain coming down on either side, yet the boat was lit up by sunlight. Beautiful!
Today I have a work meeting downtown where funding is discussed for next year. I am hoping to catch up on blogs soon. I only have use of my IPhone on the boat so it makes it difficult to check blogs and write comments.
I did want to list some of the blessings in my life. Mike over at Rambling Stuff suggested doing this on July 31. He wrote: "On July 31, share the things in your life that are positive. Count your blessings. Tell us why you are thankful."
So here are some of my blessings:
- I'm blessed to have good health that enables me to do a lot of things that I enjoy.
- I'm blessed to have some wonderful people in my life. I don't believe that I met these people by accident.
- I'm blessed to live in a beautiful place where there is evidence of God's bounty all around.
- I'm blessed to have a great job that has provided wonderment for so many years.
- I'm blessed to have a program of recovery that helps me appreciate the people, my health, my job, and where I live. Not much would be possible without my self-discovery.