It's a wet and blowy Friday here. The view outside my window shows white caps in the harbor and rain blowing sideways. It's one of those days that's just right for finding a cave and taking a nap.
I'm going down to the boat later to check up on things. I doubt if I'll go anywhere except to the marina because it's just too nasty out today. But if I spend the night on the boat, then there is a chance to get an early start in the morning and head upriver to more sheltered waters.
My friend and fellow bloggerGG over at G-Log asked me to write 7 honest things about myself. I did this a while back but will come up with a few others that I can add today:
1. I enjoy cooking and like trying new foods for others. If left alone though, I could subsist on soup, pizza, and chicken wings.2. I would rather be around animals than with people. I am a loner at heart, yet I like companionship with those that I am closest to. I am an enigma.
3. I like writing but sometimes I read what others write and think that I could either be wittier, more erudite, more...something. And some days I just don't have much to say. That generally occurs when I feel particularly good.
4. I am an electronics and technical geek to a certain extent. I like trying to figure things out. I do better with machines than with people.
5. I don't like doing mundane and repetitive things. I am always looking for new adventures and something new to explore. Maybe that's why the career that I chose has been such a great one. I am always exploring something new.
6. I am put off by those who try to manipulate and control me, yet I have done my share of the same over the years. I am a conundrum as well as an enigma.
7. I have a reputation as being forthright and to the point, which is often viewed as intimidating. Much of that demeanor has softened since Al-Anon, yet when my back is against the wall, I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe to be truth.
There you go. Have a peaceful Friday.