1. My father was my driving instructor. He taught me how to parallel park with exactitude. I have amazed people by my ability to slip into a tight space (watch where your mind is going, okay?).
2. I am currently not eating any meat. So that has put a severe cramp in my cooking style. I wrote before that I could subsist on soup, pizza, and chicken wings. Now I'm subsisting on rice, vegetables, beans, and pizza. I did this once before for 8 years. I have declared myself a pisco-ovo-lacto vegetarian.
3. I would rather not be at central stage so hearing in Al-Anon that I need to keep the focus on myself made me feel odd. It seemed too selfish at the time. Now I'm appreciating that keeping the focus on me means that I'm not obsessing over others and what they are doing. I am simply minding my own business.
4. I have been feeling really good lately. I don't have a lot of angst over anything in particular. My blogging seems to suffer when I don't feel bad. I feel like a free spirit who doesn't want to be tied down. I also wish that a lot of those who used to blog so regularly when I started would come back. I miss hearing about their lives and their thoughts on recovery.
5. I generally go to 3 Al-Anon meetings a week. I like the diversity in the groups. Last night was a good time as we randomly chose a defect and an asset; then we talked about each. There were a lot of laughs. I remember thinking that laughing about alcoholism seemed impossible. Now there is laughter at every meeting.
6. I grew up on Chesapeake Bay learning how to fish and crab. My father taught me a lot about the water. He was an officer on a passenger ship that sailed from New York to Brazil. My uncle was the captain. I have some great photos from those crazy Neptune parties when everyone got drunk and smeared themselves with rotten eggs.
7. I would like to fulfill a dream of doing a trans-Atlantic sail. I am looking at some serious blue water boats. I don't know if my partner wants to do this with me. And I have a hard time imagining being on a long voyage with people I don't know very well.
Hope that you are having a good day. It is supposed to be 70 F here today. It is delightful weather.