- We had a great time at the fair, looking at exhibits and listening to music. Fortunately, there wasn't a huge crowd which made it much nicer. The fair reminds me of those from childhood and the sights and sounds provide a great opportunity to people watch and take photographs. Yes, it's still sleazy but sometimes sleazy is fun.
|Anything fried is here.|
|I did this ride. It was cool.|
|Yes, I did eat this.|
|The animal barn is my favorite. Lots of rabbits, goats, chickens, pigs, horses, cattle and more!|
- The kitchen was completed! After thinking that we would not have our house back, six weeks from the start all was done. The main contractor was meticulous. It was just unlucky that for the first week or so, he became separated from his wife of 27 years. But he came through and did a great job. Here are a few photos of the finished kitchen.
- And the election is over. Thankfully, the amount of bashing has calmed down a bit over the last couple of days. I was happy about the outcome. Many were not. I am still hopeful that we can put aside differences and not spew hatred. I have been dismayed that so many people I thought I knew were filled with so much animosity. I am ready for all that to end.
- We have been on the boat as usual. Unfortunately, we found that a rat had somehow gotten on board. So for the past 3 days, I have been rigging up traps to catch the rat. Yesterday, I cleaned out all the lockers and lazarettes, wiping everything down with Lysol and spraying with a solution of ammonium hydroxide and water. Fortunately, it has not gotten into the main salon, head or sleeping berth. I've even had dreams about the rat. Willard has to go!
- My friend, D., picked up his 22 year medallion in AA. I went with him to the open Big Book study. Believe it or not, the fellow who gave him his chip three years ago happened to be there. D. had not seen M. since that meeting. And when M. gave him his 22 year chip, he said, "I don't usually come to this meeting but happened to be here tonight. Three years ago, I gave D. his 19 year chip. I haven't seen him since and yet, here we are tonight doing the same thing. God certainly has a sense of humor." It was an awesome moment.
I'm sure that I've left out a few things. But life is going along without too many bumps. We managed to get through the kitchen ordeal. In the face of what has happened to people in the Northeast after super storm Sandy, I am really lucky. And today is Saturday which feels good. I'm off to go to the boat and see if I caught a rat. Have a good day.