Friday, August 2, 2019

Just checking in

It's been a long time since I posted anything here.  For some reason, I was thinking about the blog and that I needed to show up here. 

First, all is going well with us.  We are a bit older and have the aches and pains that go with staying active.  All is going well with the boat, two horses, a new dog, cats, and the garden. Life in the country continues to be good.

We are both still in recovery.  My wife celebrates 13 years of sobriety tomorrow.  I have my Al-Anon anniversary on August 13. It is a way of life that keeps us filled with much love and respect.  I go to healthy meetings and do service work. I lead a balanced life between community, recovery, and home.

I am involved with some community issues, especially those about social justice.  South Carolina is a backwards state with much that needs to be done in education, health care, racial and economic justice.  Sometimes it is tempting to want to move to a more enlightened state, but this has become home.

I think that I might want to start a closed group on FB that would provide a better way to stay connected. Maybe I will, but the nastiness on social media is not something that I like.

I hope that you are doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.