Friday, March 9, 2007
Thinking about the days ahead
One of the things that Al-Anon teaches is to live in the moment and take things one day at a time. I've got the weekend stretching ahead of me and I'm trying hard not to think too much about what to fill my days with. I've got nothing special planned except a meeting on Sunday. I'll likely try to go to another meeting, either AA or Al-Anon, because the more meetings I go to the better I feel. It's supposed to be rainy on and off but if I can make it to the beach with the dog, I'll be there too.
I'm struggling to stay in the moment and with this hour. Watching the harbor outside my window makes me want to be on the water, being lulled by the waves and just getting away from the things that are weighing me down.
Lest I go too far down a sinking path, here's my gratitude list for today:
1. I'm grateful for the choices that I have
2. I'm grateful for my sponsor who is my friend
3. I'm grateful for those who love me
4. I'm grateful that I can still love with passion
5. I'm grateful for being able to work on the water
6. I'm grateful for my good mind
7. I'm grateful for having periods of serenity
8. I'm grateful for the good times that I've had in the past and the happy times to come.
9. I'm grateful that I'm alive and in good health
10. I'm grateful that I'm still optimistic about lots of things.