Saturday, April 28, 2007

Busy Saturday

I've had a busy and happy Saturday. I started off by going to the downtown market and walking around there. It was a happy time with a lot of flowers, produce, arts and crafts, and dogs walking around. I saw some people that I haven't seen in a while which was also good. It was nice to see so many people enjoying the warm weather and listening to music that was being played by an acoustic guitar player.

After the market, I went to a garden center and bought a lot of plants. MC and Lushgirl have inspired me with their gardens so I bought a lot of Gerber daisies, foxglove, Asian lilies, and several other plants to put in. There are already a lot of perennials in but I wanted to add some different species to what I already have planted. Anyway, that was a fun time as well. Going to a garden center is like going to a candy store for me. I want some of everything.

Thankfully, there was no Costco, Tab. I try to avoid those warehouse places as much as I can.

The rest of today is just going to be spent chilling out. I don't have anywhere else to go. Maybe I'll throw something on the grill and fix a good salad. I'm very grateful for having a day off to just have nothing really pressing to do. I just enjoyed walking around and seeing some of the beautiful things that make this town so great to live in. Tomorrow will hopefully be a beach day. Anyway, hope that everyone else is having a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. sounds LOVELY. thanks for sharing that nice story. it was like a little vacation for the mind. the weathers great here too, but I'm very envious of your beach I have to say!
    Chilling out days are good. I don't think i could ever really get used to a very restrictive daily schedule. Who knows. Compared to others with kids and intense ! (workaholic) work commitments, I have a lot of freedom to use my time as I wish, which is a total luxury really. I’m very spoiled in that sense. I think parental obligations would be a total ! shock to the system!
    hope the rest of the weekend is just as good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your garden purchases. I am an amateur gardener. I love it, but I am in a temporary living situation where I can't plant anything. But I am planning my next garden, which will include terracing and a lot of naturalization. I can't have indoor plants due to my son's allergies.

    I hope you share photos of your garden so I can have some vicarious enjoyment while I am on hold for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you live but it sounds familiar. Regardless, a day like you describe is my perfect day.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.