Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dawn at sea

Working the 4 to 9 watch this morning and watching a new day unfold. It is so peaceful out here. Once again, I'm grateful for no phones, no hassles, no extraneous time demands, no frenzy, and no complications. It was a smooth watch. Now I'm listening to some good tunes and watching the multibeam lines stream by as we are logging the sea bottom.

Today, I'm happy to be where I am. Just enjoying every moment out here. I know that all too soon I'll be back to reality. It's funny how yesterday I was missing home and today, my mind is back here. Wonder what that means? Oh well, it's here, it's now and I'm going with the moment.

Not much on my mind thus far. I'll be heading off to my bunk when the watch is over. I'm not really too tired but know that it will be good to get some rest. Hope that each of you is having a good day.

6 comments:

  1. I love watching the sun come up over the ocean, especially when I can go take a nappy later ;-)
    I've never been out as far as you are to watch it, but I have been out there a bit and it is so unbelievably lovely.
    I admire you ability to stay in the present. It's a difficult thing for this ADD grl! I think I may be learning or getting better -- did you see that cute cat walk by. here kitty, kitty -- getting better at it though. lol!
    Thought I'd try to give you a laugh.
    Peace and Love to you, Syd,
    Scout

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are staying in the moment, like Scout said! It is a gift for sure, to embrace the quiet, to look around and feel the calm...good job Syd!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syd,
    Looks like you're finding your center..you're at peace and finding what makes you happy.
    You won't be the same person when you're back in reality.
    You'll be a much wiser person. It pays to be introspective..to really get to know yourself.
    Have a great week. We all envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serenity can be fleeting, but we sure learn to recognize and appreciate it when we see it, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoying reading about experiences out on the ocean. Some of my fondest memories are of the ocean; watching the sunrise, playing with wild porpoises, snorkeling through a reef.

    Thanks for sharing your journey!

    Peace out!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.