Saturday, August 4, 2007

Redneck Riviera


Today was mostly spent on the boat anchored off an island near the harbor. It's a place that I call the Redneck Riviera because there are usually several boats that sport the Confederate flag and filled with people who play loud country music and drink a lot of beer. The good news is that they are generally gone at dark because they don't sleep on their boat.

So if I get to my anchorage around 8 PM, I don't have too long to wait before the island beach is deserted and I can just sleep peacefully and get in a good swim the next morning.

Today was no exception. The music was blaring, the people screaming, and the beer being guzzled. Thankfully, at dark the boats left and I had a quiet evening. Watching the stars and listening to the waves crashing on the shore isn't a bad way to spend time. There are just some special days that cancel out the ones that haven't been so good. And it's the special ones that I choose to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.