Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hump Day


It's been a busy Wednesday. I gave a noon seminar and then had a great tour of the state's aquarium. It was fun to give a talk on something that I've studied. That's the best kind of discussion: allowing interaction with the audience through questions.

It was nice to get a behind the scenes tour of the aquarium. There were cultures of jellyfish larvae and a few quarantined animals. I find the jellyfish so relaxing. I remember visiting Monterey aquarium and sitting for hours just watching the jellies pulsate. A tank of jellyfish would be a great stress reliever.

After all of that, I went down to row with a group that I haven't seen in a while. We used to get together regularly to row on the Harbor. Tonight was a good night for it, with a good breeze and clear skies. No serenity breakers today. Just a day of getting things done and enjoying all the different aspects of what I had to do. It's nice to just be and enjoy the moments of happiness that seem to be occurring more and more frequently.

5 comments:

  1. you should check out GA Aquarium next time your in ATL, it's AWESOME. My son and i love it (plus it's right next to the Coca-Cola Museum now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, jelly fish are great to look at. However, I prefer not to swim with them. I am glad you are finding more moments of happiness. I know exactly what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From reading your posts, your days are more serene, you're more serene. I'm glad for you. I can remember not too long ago your posts had alot of anguish in them. It's neat to 'watch' you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a life! Thanks for showing me how its done.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.