Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Replacements

I replaced the stolen gifts today.  It was like a riot out there with people returning gifts, taking advantage of sales and other day-after things that people do.   I just wanted to get in and get out to replace those gifts that had been stolen.  

We talked to the police this morning and reported the stolen gifts.  Now, I'm ready to let go of all this and just get back on track.  I'm not dwelling on this anymore.  My wife thankfully had a few AA friends over this evening for dinner.  Then they left to go to a meeting.  It was a relief to see her happy and enjoying her friends.  

My father-in-law had trouble setting up the DVD that we gave him for Christmas so I left after dinner to go set that up for him.  He was pleased and I left him watching a movie.  It made me feel happy just to see him enjoying the comfort of his home.  

So things are back on track.  I'm going to take tomorrow and Friday off.  I have the time coming and decided that I want to relax and take some extra annual leave before heading back to work. 

Hope that each of you is rested and relaxed.  I'm heading to that state of mind myself. 

5 comments:

  1. i've decided to head there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the gifts but you are such a good example of how to deal with this stuff. I wish I could get my husband in a place where you are. Have AA friends over and him liking it. He's not too happy with the meeting schedule. Takes time away from him and the family. And if I EVER brouoght anyone home.... I know he just doesn't understand and that I can't GET him to do anything. That is what I am learning. In time, in time.
    For the first time I am actually working this week after Christmas and it is a mistake. I did have yesterday off and it was wonderful. Today I'll fulfill my commitment and show up but tomorrow, I don't think so. I like where I am and I like where I'm going and to work it is not. I'm rambling. Sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd, I'm just now catching up on your blog from being out of town. I'm so sorry about the missing stuff! I'm glad that y'all were able to salvage some joy from all that. Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said it before, but I'll say it again. You are such a good example of the program in action. To be able to let that go. Hey, I'm having a hard time letting it go. I don't like to see my friends hurt.

    That is so neat about your dad. Glad you & your wife enjoyed Xmas, & was able to stay in the spirit, that's wonderful. Now, I'm going to the same place, or at least work on it. I've learned so much from you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting back on track is a nice part of ending holidays..Sorry to hear about the thefts Syd.
    Christmas stops nothing huh??
    Hope you're well..
    Happy New year too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I like reading what you have to say.