I'm taking the new dinghy out on the water today, probably towing it behind the sailboat. I decided to buy one instead of make one. The one I bought is an 8 foot Walker Bay and it's stable enough. It also is manageable in terms of weight at 71 pounds.
I was fired up about making a dinghy before I got my cold. It seems that after that I lost the urge to spend time putting it together. The weekends seem too precious to spend them inside sawing and nailing. I guess it gets back to those priorities that I have. And in this case, I opted for the easy out and more free time.
So this weekend I'm officially christening the dinghy. It's supposed to be breezy and still a bit brisk for temperatures. It looks to be a glorious weekend. Hope that you have a couple of days of serenity and peace.
I'm grateful today:
1) for the miracles in this life.
2) that I chose to not try to do everything but just a few things well
3) that I have people in my life who care whether I exist
4) for having an optimistic outlook in spite of pessimistic surroundings
5) that I don't have any reason to wonder about what's going to happen tomorrow.
There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.-- Albert Einstein