I watched the news until the electricity went out around 10:00 PM. It didn't come back on until around 11 AM this morning. It wasn't much of a problem, although when the electricity goes off the water does too since I have a well system.
Today is beautiful. It's sunny and clear and warm. There's a nice breeze coming through. It doesn't seem today like there was such violent weather last night.
After seeing the weather people report condition of the storm, I have to say that I thought they did a good job. They were trying to keep people apprised of where the storm was heading and what was going to occur.
I'm grateful today that:
- I decided to stay on shore and wasn't in my sailboat when the winds came through
- I don't live in a mobile home and am picking up belongings from wreckage
- The National Weather Service and local news media provided information to tell people to get to safety
- People who lost homes and belongings in the storm are getting help and are still alive.
- No one was severely injured in this area because of the storms.
- That I can say "This too shall pass" and know that it will.