I finally got to bed at a decent hour last night. I've been tired ever since the weekend. Sleeping on the boat is restful during the day but at night, I find that I awake easily whenever I hear a strange noise.
There wasn't any crew rowing last night because the City Marina parking lots were full and cars were being turned away. We generally get together on Wednesday evening for a 2 hour row around the Harbor. It's good exercise and another chance to be out on the water in mid-week.
I've been asked to be the speaker at an AA meeting located in the southern part of the state. This group has an Al-Anon speaker every 3 months which seems like a good idea. I wish that there were more such exchanges among the groups in the local area. There's a lot to be said for us to go to open AA meetings and for the AA's who have good recovery to be a part of Al-Anon. I have always learned a lot when I've heard AA's share and speak. Maybe my story will resonate with some in the group tonight. And it's an opportunity for me to give away some that I have been given.
Today I'm grateful for:
- Another day to ask to do God's will
- Having an opportunity to share my E,S, H with another fellowship
- Feeling a lot more rested and energetic than yesterday
- Finishing up another project at work that has taken quite a while to complete
- The dogs and cats who seem to know when I'm tired and just let me relax--no pounces, no whines