It just has that fall feeling in the air too. The shadows are longer and the days shorter. I'm going out of town for a few days and am glad that the weather is conducive for being outside. I'm going to do a lot of walking, reading and sleeping. It's just a mini-holiday but that's fine with me.
I've printed out the schedule for meetings in the area, and there are a few where there's an Al-Anon and AA meeting in the same building at the same time.Those will be convenient for us to go to. And I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll be able to keep up with all of you.
Here's what I'm grateful for today:
- A few days of pleasant temperatures after a week of heat and humidity
- Heading out of town for some play time and being able to take the dogs with us
- That I'm focusing on the things that I can change (me) and accepting that there are very few things that I have any control over or power to change
- That my Higher Power is showing me that things don't always have to go my way, yet I can still be happy and content.
- That there are people who are willing to help me out when I tell them that I'm in trouble.