This is going to be a "blort" post. I'm leaving in a few minutes to do an outreach program on barrier island ecology for 55 college students. And the island is my favorite spot: the weekend boat anchorage.
There will be a lot to discuss such as erosion, accretion, wave dynamics, vegetation and critters who make the barrier island home. And I'll bring up how important barrier islands are as protection for the mainland during storms.
Anyway, just a gratitude list for today. I'm grateful for:
- Living on the coast where there is a delicate balance of conservation and population growth.
- Keeping my own life in balance through the program of recovery
- Looking for solutions instead of focusing on problems
- Having a day to be out of the office and in the fresh air on my favorite beach. It doesn't get any better.
- Sharing some information with young people who may remember a few words that will make a difference at some part in their life