- I stayed awake all through dinner. Somehow I was revived by the good food. Here's a rundown on the meal: grilled calimari with shaved parmigiano Reggiano and grilled Bruschetta; local vine ripe beefsteak tomato, mozzarella and sliced Prosciutto di Parma with a balsamic drizzle and herb infused olive oil; veal parmigiana with spagattini in marinara; lasagna layered with grilled vegetables and butternut squash. I am thankful for the $25 coupon from Restaurant.com. It paid for the appetizer.
- My wife enjoyed the meal and the ambiance--an historic house downtown with candles, heart pine floors, crisp white napkins and table cloth, impeccable service, and blues music playing.
- I checked and I didn't leave my arm in the trunk of Steve's car. WTF was that about? Steve, man, you got the wrong guy.
- A fellow who had some problems got fired from work. He wasn't doing his work so was let go. At the department head meeting this morning, people clapped because he was fired. I didn't. I don't like to clap for another's misery.
- I wonder why Sandra Bullock married a man named Jesse James. Seems like bad karma to me.
- I put together some information on cooperation between Al-Anon and AA for the district meeting tomorrow. It told me that there is a line between the fellowships when it comes to being a trusted servant above the group level.
- I will do the certification to be an Alateen sponsor tomorrow. Where God takes it from there is not known to me today.
- I'm doing some boat maintenance tomorrow. It's supposed to be 74 here. I can be spoiled by that.
- C. opened her birthday gifts this morning. I made her a card. It just seems more personal that way. She also got a card from the dogs and cats.
Friday, March 19, 2010
I'm in bullet mode today. So here they are: