Hopefully, the nap will recharge me enough so that I can get groceries for the boat and then leave for the island anchorage. It will be another simple weekend of rest, beach walking and reading.
I was thinking about how fortunate I am to be where I am at this point in life. I cannot think of anything I really want materially. But there are a few things that I want in the emotional realm:
- I want there to be health and happiness for family and friends that I love.
- I want to get through the course that I am taking and have more unscheduled time.
- I hope that my wife and I can spend more time doing fun things together. We both tend to be busy with separate projects. I would like for us to do more projects and have adventures together.
- I would like to keep moving forward in recovery and develop a trusting relationship with a local sponsor. I am finding that looking for a sponsor is difficult because each person is different in how they approach sponsoring.
- I want to find the tribe of people with whom I feel comfortable. I know a few people who I enjoy being around. I am hoping to find others that will be part of the tribe.
- I would like to not have Christmas be a big deal this year. Just being together and having the annual recovery buffet here would be enough. Brightening up someone else's day is all I want.
- I am fulfilled in many ways. I want to concentrate on those positive things. The glass is half full with me for the most part. I know areas where I need improvement.
That's about it for my wants. Pretty simple stuff. A few of these I can actually do something about. The rest will be thought about and hopefully realized at some point. I'll leave that up to a power greater than me.
“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~Steve Jobs